Armando Cobo is an award winning zero energy home designer from Albuquerque, New Mexico and Frisco (Dallas), Texas with over 30 years and 450 sustainable custom home designs, green building and zero energy home design experience, including both traditional and contemporary residential design styles. With over 30 years in this industry, we’ve developed a great knowledge of the field techniques as well as the aesthetic perception of design.
Each zero energy home we design is a uniquely created design that truly reflects the character, lifestyle and personality of his clients. In many ways, designing a custom home becomes a partnership in which Armando Cobo’s priority is to exceed each client’s expectations.
As a zero energy custom home designer and building consultant, Armando Cobo can provide excellent recommendations on contractors, building practices and materials under the guidelines of the Zero Energy Ready Home, The Building America Program, Build Green New Mexico, National Home Builders Association’s Green Building Program, and LEED for Homes Program. All this will give you a better understanding of the home building process, better value for your money and make the building of your custom home go as smooth as possible.
Armando Cobo has earned a very good reputation by providing a high degree of craftsmanship, detail and commitment to excellence in sustainable, green building and especially zero energy home design and building over the years, and in the future will continue to achieve the highest expectations form his clients.
- Over 30 years’ experience designing and building sustainable green building, zero energy custom homes.
- Designed over 450 homes and built over 200 of them.
- Designed and built houses with traditional wall systems, Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF’s), Prefabricated Wall Panels (PWP’s), Structural Insulated Panels (SIP’s).
- Designed and built most homes with basements: Full, Cellar, View-outs, Walkouts and Pits.
- Long promoting environmentally friendly, resource efficient, healthy, universal design, sustainable and green building design and practices.
- Founding Member of the Build Green NM Program.
- Former LEED for Homes Chair and Advocate for the State of New Mexico.
- Former member of the City of Albuquerque Green Building Task Force and State of New Mexico Green Task Force.
- Co-developer of the New Mexico Sustainable Tax Credit, the only such tax credit in the country.
- Member of the Homebuilders Association of Greater Dallas.
- Nationally certified Green Building Instructor for the Nacional Association of Home Builders
- Nationally Approved trainer for DOE’s Zero Energy Ready Program
- Speaker and Panelist at local and national conventions for the Build Green NM Program, National Association of Home Builders, The United States Green Building Council.