Green Building, or as I rather call it, High Performance Building, is the practice of designing and building structures using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building’s life-cycle from siting to design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation and deconstruction.
The main aspects of Green Building are:
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Sitting and Passive Solar design
- Energy, Water and Material efficiency and conservation
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IAQ) and Occupant health
- Operation, Maintenance and Homeowner Education
- Reducing Waste, Pollution and Environmental degradation