Armando Cobo is an award winning green building custom home designer from Albuquerque, New Mexico and Plano (Dallas), Texas with over 30 years and 450 sustainable custom home designs and green building experience in traditional and contemporary residential design styles, thus developing a great knowledge of the field techniques as well as the aesthetic perception of design.
Each home is a uniquely created design that truly reflects the character, lifestyle and personality of his clients. Therefore, designing a custom home becomes a partnership in which Armando Cobo’s priority is to exceed each client’s expectations.
As a custom home designer and building consultant, Armando Cobo can provide a good recommendation on contractors, building practices and materials under the guidelines of the Zero Energy Ready Home, The Building America Program, Build Green NM Program, National Home Builders Association’s Green Building Program, and The United States Green Building Council. All this will give you a better understanding of the home building process, better value for your money and make the building of your custom home go as smooth as possible.
Armando Cobo has earned a very good reputation by providing a high degree of craftsmanship, detail and commitment to excellence in sustainable and green building custom home design and building over the years, and in the future will continue to achieve the highest expectations form his clients.
· Over 30 years experience designing and building sustainable and green custom homes.
· Designed over 450 homes and built over 200 of them.
· Designed and built houses with traditional wall systems, Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF’s), Prefabricated Wall Panels (PWP’s), Structural Insulated Panels (SIP’s).
· Designed and built most homes with basements: Full, Cellar, View-outs, Walkouts and Pits.
· Long promoting environmentally friendly, resource efficient, healthy, universal design, sustainable and green building design and practices.
· Founding Member of Build Green New Mexico.
· Former LEED for Homes Chair and Advocate for the State of New Mexico.
· Former member of the City of Albuquerque Green Building Task Force and State of New Mexico Green Task Force.
· Co-developer of the New Mexico Sustainable Building Tax Credit, the only such tax credit in the country.
· Nationally certified Green Building Instructor for the National Association of Home Builders.
· Nationally Approved trainer for the DOE’s Zero Energy Ready Home Program
· Speaker and Panelist at local and national conventions for the Build Green NM Program, Green Built TX Program, National Home Builders Association’s Green Building Program, The United States Green Building Council.